Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Stories From Myanmar part 1

Since we didn't have the right to free speech while we were in Myanmar I wrote everything down in my journal. I will now make a carbon copy for you to read so it will all be in present tense even though it should be in past tense.

27/12/05

Well it has been a while. There is a small child, maybe 4, being a duck out the front of the guest house.

I guess this is the next leg then. We are in Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar (Burma).

Going back a bit; We spent 3 nights in Kuching (Sarawak, Malaysian Borneo) after a pleasant non eventful trip from Miri (stinky fish market) to sibu (nice town, big market, Chinese Temple, Man yelling in the middle of the night.) Then by express boat down the river, across the bay and up another river to Kuching. Kuching is a big bright well touristed city. After a little problem of no water and a rude lady boy at reception we changed hotels to across the road. Kuching was nice except that the orchid garden was closed and we saw kids sniffing glue. We did some souvenir shopping/window shopping and had a nice meal in a fancy restaurant (my meal was missing the beef though, p’oh). After Kuching we flew to KL.

Katie and I are tired so I think we will go to bed now. I think the Duck has done the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.1 Australia License. Free Web Site Counter
Web Site Counters