Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The End...

Well this is it, the end is in sight. We are back in steamy Bangkok once again. We are flying home on friday so we land on saturday morning at Adelaide airport. No I don't expect anyone to come except hopefully a Mother or Father or some random guy to pick us up.

As usual there are mixed emotions. I, We, want to come home to see everyone but don't want the holiday to be over. It was hard to leave Monkey World saying goodbye to all of those little fury people and the bigger less fury people as well. We left with the promise of returning as soon as we could. Don't worry We have all intentions of being at home next Christmas.

For those who know him I met up with Andrew this morning with no help from his guesthouse (they seemed to have never heard of him even though he was standing at the counter right next to me.) He is at the start of a trip which I am jealous about but at least I can offer him advice and reminise about places I have been before. We had a good chat about places and people even though I was only awake due to the 4 hours of sitting in a cafe waiting for a room.

So we are killing time, thinking about how much space we have to bring back Thai cushions and whether we like you enough to get you a present. (sorry we don't like many people that much).

Katie and I are now movie producers. We completed a 34 minute film called 'The Sanctuary' it took about 24 hours for us to sift through (and convert to the right format) about 100 movie clips and 400ish photos and decide out of hundreds of possible songs and stick it all together to get to our final product. There were tears and frustration as we battle a freezing computer and typing monkeys (they never do write Shakespere) but we are both happy with the product even if a littte rough around the edges. I take my hat off to animators and people who make movies with children and animals. For those of you who know me you can have a look when we get back.

I will save anymore pictures for one massive post which you will hate if you have dialup, and for a possible CD slideshow. So for now it's goodbye.

Dylan

Ps. Mothers I hope one of you do come and get us xxx.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes the mothers will be there

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.1 Australia License. Free Web Site Counter
Web Site Counters